Day 13: If you know the criteria of your illness(es) which ones do you think you meet? Or what are your most common symptoms?
Before I began my treatment, I randomly looked up the symptoms of OCD one day and I found out that I had most of them. Here’s a quick run down:
- Overconcern with order, neatness, and exactness
- Fear of thinking bad thoughts or doing something embarrassing
- Constantly thinking of certain sounds, words, or numbers, or a preoccupation with counting or checking
- Constant need for approval or the need to apologize
- Constantly cleaning, straightening, and ordering certain objects
- Checking lights, appliances, or doors again and again to be sure they are turned off or closed
- Repeating certain physical activities, such as sitting down and getting up from a chair
- Asking the same question or saying the same thing over and over
Additionally, I struggle with perfectionism, fear of failure and disordered eating.
Thanks for reading!